If you’re using a Windows 11 touchpad and it suddenly stops working, there are a few potential causes. In this blog, we will share some easy ways to fix a windows 11 touchpad that is not working.
What Are Some Easy Ways To Fix A Touchpad That Isn’t Working On Windows 11?
If your touchpad isn’t working on Windows 11, there are a few easy ways to fix it.
- First, make sure that the touchpad is enabled in the Control Panel. To do this, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Select the touchpad from the list of devices, and click Enable in the toolbar.
- You can update the driver if the touchpad still needs to be fixed. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager. Find the touchpad in the list of devices, right-click it, and select Update Driver Software.
- If none of these solutions works, you may need to replace the touchpad.
Why Might A Touchpad Stop Working On Windows 11?
One possible reason for a touchpad to stop working on Windows 11 is that the drivers are not updated.
Here’s a look at some of the most common reasons why a touchpad might stop working on Windows 11 and how to fix them.
1. Restart your computer
If your touchpad suddenly stops working, the first thing you should do is restart your computer. This will often fix the problem, as a temporary software glitch can sometimes cause it.
2. Update your drivers
If restarting doesn’t fix the problem, the next step is to ensure you have the latest drivers for your touchpad. You can do this by going to the support website for your touchpad’s manufacturer and checking for driver updates.
3. Try a different USB port
If you’re using a USB touchpad, try plugging it into a different USB port. Sometimes touchpads can stop working if they’re not getting enough power from the USB port they’re plugged into.
4. Check your touchpad settings
It’s also possible that your touchpad has been disabled in your settings. To check this:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound.
- Select Devices and Printers, and then find your touchpad in the list of devices.
- If it’s listed as disabled, right-click on it and select Enable.
5. Run a virus scan
Another potential cause of a touchpad not working is a virus or other malware infection. If this is the case, you can run a virus scan with your antivirus software.
If none of these solutions works, your touchpad is likely defective and will need to be replaced.
How Can I Troubleshoot A Touchpad That Isn’t Working On Windows 11?
You can try a few things if your touchpad needs to be fixed on Windows 11. First, make sure that the touchpad is turned on in the settings. You can usually find this in the “Mouse and Touchpad” settings.
If the touchpad is turned on, try restarting your computer. If the touchpad isn’t working, you may need to update your drivers. You can do this through the Device Manager. If none of these solutions works, you may need to replace your touchpad.
Is There A Way To Prevent My Touchpad From Stop Working On Windows 11?
There currently needs to be a way to prevent your touchpad from stopping working on Windows 11. However, you can troubleshoot the issue by restarting your computer or updating your drivers. If the problem persists, you may need to replace your touchpad.
If you’re still having trouble with your touchpad not working, leave a comment below, and we’ll try to help you out.